Associated Students of Utah State University
The Associated Students of Utah State University (ASUSU) is an organization for the entire student body of USU. ASUSU acts as the liaison to University staff, faculty, and administration and works to energize and guide the quality of student life through a focus on academics and activities.
The Regional Campuses and Distance Education (RCDE) branch of ASUSU is organized into four service regions, each represented by an Executive Vice President. Campus representatives represent students at their campus or in a specified area in a regional council led by the Executive Vice President. An Executive council including each of the Executive Vice Presidents, as well as the RCDE President, meet regularly to discuss issues of concern for RCDE students. This body communicates directly with RCDE and Logan campus administration. RCDE student government officers will address student concerns, advance public relations, and serve student clubs, organizations, and cultural events.
Students are welcome and encouraged to attend student government meetings to voice their opinions and concerns. Contact your local student representative for specific details about the times and locations of these meetings as they pertain to your particular campus.
Learn More about the CandidatesSelect YOUR CampusGo >>
Become an ASUSU student officer at your campus
Why Become an ASUSU student officer?
- To implement the great ideas you have for your campus
- To serve others
- To plan great activities
- To receive financial compensation to help pay for school
How do I become a candidate?
- Contact your local student government advisor to get an election packet and to answer any questions you may have.
- Read the election packet.
- Fill out, sign and return the declaration of candidacy form in the election packet.
- Send a headshot, brief bio, campaign platform and link to a YouTube video to your student government advisor or to Chris Dayley.
Election Time Line
- Feb 11-15: Packets will be made available to all students.
- Feb 18-22: Packets available and will be due Feb 22 by 4:00 pm. No exceptions.
- Feb 22: On the same day packets are due, there will be a mandatory meeting broadcast to all of the regional campuses about the elections, videos, etc. at 5:00 pm. This broadcast will cover what is expected of candidates and answer what questions candidates may have etc.
- Feb 24: If a candidate wishes to post a video, it must be submitted by 10:00 pm.
- Feb 25-28: Campaign week. Voting will end at 8:00 pm on the 28th.
- Mar 1: Winners will be announced
Read up on the newly revised ASUSU constutition. The most recent changes gave birth to the RCDE arm of the ASUSU student government.
The RCDE branch was elected in March of 2013. You can learn more about your student representatives, how to contact them and what they plan to do for you.
To learn more about the ASUSU student government, visit the ASUSU website. Find out about student traditions, involvement, and more.